Saturday, March 29, 2014

ITS GO TIME!!!

I have put this project on the shelf for far too long.  I had an accident last summer (July 2013) that put me in a mood that I didn't want to work on my bikes for quite some time.  Well Im feeling more like working on something now and since this 250 has just been sitting and waiting it seems its time to get after it. Now I have spent all my bike money that I had saved up so I will have to work on funding the project again but that to me is part of the fun of the project so I will be looking for spare bikes and parts and donor bikes in the coming months.

Today I took most of the afternoon to strip it all down and take a few photos along the way.

 Ill point out some of my findings. Like in this first photo, the rivets holding the seat cover on.  Too bad really it was a pretty nice seat cover, just a little too short..  Thats ok though it will find an original to replace it with.

Then there is the RED paint over the top of the Flash Red Tank and shrouds.  This is going to be tough to remove.  If anyone knows any good way to remove paint like this please share. Either use the comments or send me an email. robmx29@gmail.com 
 Next up is the partially clogged radiators. They do flow water, enough to ride the bike some but I would be worried about doing motos with it.  I took the water pump off before I rode the bike last year and it is in decent shape however the water inlet on the pump is pretty corroded.
 One of my favorite things that the previous owners did to this bike was to change the frame color. Yellow is NOT a good Honda color.  I guess they were looking for something different. FOUND IT. ick, that will be going back to Flash Red.

No comments:

Post a Comment